Realm Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chelsea's YGO Duel Generation Bug Hunt

2 posters

Go down

Chelsea's YGO Duel Generation Bug Hunt Empty Chelsea's YGO Duel Generation Bug Hunt

Post by DSRChelsea Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:56 pm

This thread will serve as my diary of found bugs while playing the tablet wonder that is Duel Generation.
Anyone else can contribute their findings here, but all I'd like to ask is to keep a good format on what to put in each post.

1) The device you use to play the game
2) The version of the game, if possible
3) The steps you took that led you to the bug
4) screenshots or video capture of the bug
5) If it happened more than once, how many times did it occur to you?
6) Comments or Expectations rE: Bug

and there you have it. I will post some in order to place an example.

DSRChelsea

Back to top Go down

Chelsea's YGO Duel Generation Bug Hunt Empty Yugioh Duel Generation - memory leak?

Post by Smakx Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:18 pm

I have noticed that it is a good idea to exit the Duel Generation app and then restart it between rounds. Duel Generation is generally stable for me, but I have noticed that I get crashes when trying to play multiple rounds without quitting and restarting the app in between them. This can be troublesome when playing 3 round matches in the campaign, as it is not possible to restart the app between rounds. A couple of times (the minority case) I have had the game crash randomly during the second round of a match. I have seen this behavior on two different android tablets, a Nexus 7 (2013) and an Asus tf-101 transformer as well as in a virtual machine on pc.

This seeming deterioration over time leads me to speculate that something like a memory leak may be occurring, but that is a guess. In any case I have found the best policy thus far is just to exit and restart the game between rounds to ensure stability.
Smakx
Smakx
Admin

https://realmchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Chelsea's YGO Duel Generation Bug Hunt Empty Re: Chelsea's YGO Duel Generation Bug Hunt

Post by DSRChelsea Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:42 pm

Not sure if this is a bug or just a case of Artificial Stupidity, but...

1) Motorolla XG4
2) YuGiOh Duel Generation v1.05 for Android
3) launch YGODG app -> log in -> play the current weekly challenge as of April 3, 2015 -> fight the first weekly challenge NPC -> bring out a monster that as ATK power of 2800 ++  -> NPC will put its monster of 2300 ATK in defense position indefinitely -> equip Axe of Fools to opponent monster to bring ATK to 3300 (still didn't change to ATK position). He died from pure effect of the Axe of Fools. poor guy.
4) Chelsea's YGO Duel Generation Bug Hunt Alt31Msl
5) Happened only once, beat him via Axe of Fools damage (can't repproduce. can only fight a weekly challenger once, after defeating it, you can't select him again.)
6) Artificial Intelligence should at least know when they have the advantage.

Last edited by DSRChelsea on Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarified process)

DSRChelsea

Back to top Go down

Chelsea's YGO Duel Generation Bug Hunt Empty Ghosted XYZ Materials

Post by Smakx Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:00 pm

Here's one we were talking about in the chat room, I captured a shot of it happening in a game today. When you use a card to take possession of an opponents XYZ monster, as I did in the screenshot below using Evilswarm Bahamut to take possession of Astral's Gachi Gachi Ganetetsu, and if the XYZ monster had XYZ materials, the materials remain on the opponent's side when the monster switches possession. The "ghosted" materials have no stats and the game does not recognize them as being there, when I attacked they did not block it. Here is the screenshot, click it for a larger version:

Chelsea's YGO Duel Generation Bug Hunt VLv63ZS
Smakx
Smakx
Admin

https://realmchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Chelsea's YGO Duel Generation Bug Hunt Empty Re: Chelsea's YGO Duel Generation Bug Hunt

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down