Realm Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to the Forums? - Introduce Yourself

4 posters

Go down

New to the Forums? - Introduce Yourself Empty New to the Forums? - Introduce Yourself

Post by otomo Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:49 am

Been meaning to register here for awhile but keep not saving the link by mistake! Love the list of promo cards so kudos for making that... now if I could only find some of them!

I'm otomo on most forums on the net, otomo jon on BGG since someone took my darn name awhile back and I can't track them down to reclaim it. As the name suggests, big L5R player back in the day, still dabble. Very into Doomtown toggling between that and Star Realms as my primary game depending on how much time I have (and if there's someone casual or not to play with).  Will be going to Gencon for the first time this year so excited for that!

otomo

Back to top Go down

New to the Forums? - Introduce Yourself Empty Re: New to the Forums? - Introduce Yourself

Post by Smakx Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:55 am

otomo wrote:Been meaning to register here for awhile but keep not saving the link by mistake! Love the list of promo cards so kudos for making that... now if I could only find some of them!

I'm otomo on most forums on the net, otomo jon on BGG since someone took my darn name awhile back and I can't track them down to reclaim it. As the name suggests, big L5R player back in the day, still dabble. Very into Doomtown toggling between that and Star Realms as my primary game depending on how much time I have (and if there's someone casual or not to play with).  Will be going to Gencon for the first time this year so excited for that!

Hello and welcome Smile

I've never played L5R or Doomtown myself, they look like pretty awesome games, I'd like to see digital/app versions of them both. I've watched some videos about Doomtown, it looks like a pretty cool western themed card game. Glad that you found some useful info here, I'm working on adding more. I am usually in chat, stop by sometime if you want to play or bs about some games. I'm sometimes afk, so if I don't respond right away, that is why. Have a good one and I'll see you around.

Edit: A note about the Star Realms promo cards, the devs have confirmed that ALL of them will be released in normal expansions in the future, so unless you really want the promo versions or really want them now, it may be worth waiting to save some serious $. The convention promos, as you can see are just alternate art versions of existing cards.

Edit 2: I renamed the thread slightly so that it can be used as an introduction thread, hope you don't mind Smile
Smakx
Smakx
Admin

https://realmchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

New to the Forums? - Introduce Yourself Empty Re: New to the Forums? - Introduce Yourself

Post by otomo Thu May 07, 2015 11:52 am

Yes yes...but I'm a collector at heart so I don't know if I can really hold off on them. I love alt-art bling too Smile  If anyone has extras they want to get rid of sell or trade on here lemme know!

As far as Doomtown -- there's a free online version on OCTGN if you've seen that program. It's got a lot of slick key commands and the like. One of the main designers actually updates the OCTGN plugin. I'd be happy to teach you. I'm also otomo on the star realms app, I don't have a ton of games in (and I don't really see a friend list capability on there -- which I'd love!) but if in the future you run into me at least.

otomo

Back to top Go down

New to the Forums? - Introduce Yourself Empty Star Realms Promos

Post by Smakx Thu May 07, 2015 12:49 pm

I have relegated myself to the digital versions of most card game to avoid getting bit by the collecting addiction. I made an exception for Star Realms and was lucky enough to get in early and get some convention promos at decent prices. I can tell you that from scouring the net ebay seems to be the best source for them, unless I've missed something. The non-convention promos (that will be released in the future as non-promos) originally were a set given as a kickstarter bonus, but have also been released in limited quantities to game stores as "game day prizes". That is where they are trickling onto ebay from. The Ark, Starmarket, Breeding Site and Battle Barge have still to be released in game day packs, and should be showing up on ebay in the coming months for a limited time.

I recently put some of the convention promos I've collected in a cheap dollar store frame matted with construction paper so that I could hang them above my desk. This is temporary as I plan to eventually have them mounted and framed on a promo play mat that I have. I have made 2 different ones now, here is a pic of the first one. I plan on posting some better pics of them when I have access to a camera that isn't horrible:

New to the Forums? - Introduce Yourself D8ReqP3

I have heard of OCTGN and I think that I experimented with it awhile back. I'll take a look at it if I get some time, I'd like to try Doomtown sometime. I have also been messing around a little with tabletop simulator on steam, odds are there is a version for that too? In any case, good luck on the Star Realms promo hunt.
Smakx
Smakx
Admin

https://realmchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by otomo Thu May 07, 2015 10:13 pm

Beautiful stuff. I'm quite jealous Smile

On OCTGN: let me know. I'm always down to teach.

Is Ascension any good? I've been looking at it, and like the variability and it looks a lot like Star Realms, though I'm not sure I really need another deckbuilder.

otomo

Back to top Go down

Post by Digidude22 Fri May 08, 2015 4:43 pm

I should probably jump into this topic... I'm not new to the forums, but there are some things I can say.
I am Digidude22 of the Digital Realm, been here since day 1. I play the Yu-Gi-Oh card game mainly. I live on the Youtube area of places.
And there were a few other card games I played back in the day ( before they died) Inuyasha, Kingdom Hearts, Digimon,
Anyways that it for me... Welcome aboard otomo, and stop by in the chat sometime.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DigiDude22
Digidude22
Digidude22

https://www.youtube.com/user/DigiDude22

Back to top Go down

Post by otomo Fri May 08, 2015 4:45 pm

There's a chat?

otomo

Back to top Go down

Post by hamvvar Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:56 pm

Heyyy Realm Chat people,

I stumbled on this cool cool site while googling stuff about my most favouritest card game "Yomi"

I consider myself an enthusiast of games of all kinds, with a fairly strong preference for competitive games with no pay-to-win element.

See you all on the dueling grounds. glhf!

hamvvar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum