Realm Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Generation - Decks to build without premium - Suggestions ?

+3
StC-Djak
RndUser
Smakx
7 posters

Go down

Duel Generation - Decks to build without premium - Suggestions ?  Empty Duel Generation - Decks to build without premium - Suggestions ?

Post by StC-Djak Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:34 pm

Hey everyone !

I was wondering : does anyone have suggestions for decks to build without premium cards ?

Also, if there existed a list of all the non-premium cards it would be great to have !

Thank you all Very Happy
StC-Djak
StC-Djak

Back to top Go down

Duel Generation - Decks to build without premium - Suggestions ?  Empty Re: Duel Generation - Decks to build without premium - Suggestions ?

Post by Smakx Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:51 pm

StC-Djak wrote:Hey everyone !

I was wondering : does anyone have suggestions for decks to build without premium cards ?

Also, if there existed a list of all the non-premium cards it would be great to have !

Thank you all Very Happy

This is a tough one. While the game allows you to play for free, it is extremely difficult getting a viable deck together that way. While I'm unaware of a list of what is in the "free/ygo points card pool" (non-premium), I am certain that any cards that are in premium packs are not in this free pool.

The pool of free cards is massive, said to number in the thousands, so getting a play set of any one card is statistically difficult. You could probably find a list of cards that drop off of the early campaign matches, and try to plan a deck around those and whatever you get to drop from ygo points packs, but even then getting something viable together will require a lot of patience and luck. The "starting deck" is not a good foundation for anything either really, so I regret to say that playing free, realistically is hard to impossible beyond a few early campaign stages.

Conversely, the premium packs in the game are listed (not random), and relatively inexpensive, especially when compared to Konami's previous offerings, or real life. Getting even one $5 premium deck will give you the core of that archtype in triplicate and a few staple spells and traps, a fighting chance. Beyond that, another deck or two can complete your spell and trap collection and help with the extra deck, while other $4 premium packs can also help fill gaps and provide additional extra deck support.

I hope some of this is helpful, probably not the answers you were looking for, but you can at least get in at a low price point with a little planning. Hit me up in chat if you have any questions or want to practice duel again (I have other decks that are not as together and that I don't know well). Have a good one and I'll see you around.
Smakx
Smakx
Admin

https://realmchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Duel Generation - Decks to build without premium - Suggestions ?  Empty Free Dragons?

Post by Smakx Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:01 pm

As a follow up, I posted this question on the "YuGiOh Duel Generation Duelist Kingdoms United" Yugioh Duel Generation fan group on facebook, and someone name Mera Utopia replied with this:

"A decent dragon deck with only "free" cards is possible... with Prime Material Dragon and Magna Drago u can summon some good sync for example... obviously it's a lot easier with $".

So there is something of an answer, although grinding free packs until you get the desired cards would probably take some time. There have been rumors that the rest of the Dragon Ruler cards are being added to the game into the free pool, and will remain unbanned for some unknown portion of time until the ban list becomes more modern.

On a similar note, I got a nasty dragon to drop today (click image for a larger version):

Duel Generation - Decks to build without premium - Suggestions ?  KsIjrs8

Duel Generation - Decks to build without premium - Suggestions ?  L2mwcPp
Smakx
Smakx
Admin

Back to top Go down

Duel Generation - Decks to build without premium - Suggestions ?  Empty Re: Duel Generation - Decks to build without premium - Suggestions ?

Post by StC-Djak Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:38 am

Interesting. I'll pay more attention to theses dragon cards then !

Right now I'm playing with what I believe to be a decent warrior deck. It doesn't have a great synergy (cards don't really affect each other that much) but it works alright. I was actually able to beat someone that was using a ''Gagaga'' premium deck with it. ''sakuretsu armor'', ''memory of the adversary'' and ''Card trader'' are probably the cards that saved me.
StC-Djak
StC-Djak

Back to top Go down

Post by Smakx Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:32 pm

StC-Djak wrote:Interesting. I'll pay more attention to theses dragon cards then !

Right now I'm playing with what I believe to be a decent warrior deck. It doesn't have a great synergy (cards don't really affect each other that much) but it works alright. I was actually able to beat someone that was using a ''Gagaga'' premium deck with it. ''sakuretsu armor'', ''memory of the adversary'' and ''Card trader'' are probably the cards that saved me.

Cool, you gotta start somewhere. I remember building a deck from just the starter deck in Duel Arena, there was no other option because there were initially no structure decks available. It was cool getting something new that would incrementally improve the deck little by little. Watching the deck slowly evolve into something increasingly synergistic and viable. It was also interesting seeing how effectively one can get by with less than optimal yet effective "b-string" traps and spells the opponent may not be expecting (a.k.a. "ghetto traps"). Collecting in this way and "getting by" with the best you can find forces you to really test your skills and try out innovative plays more so than playing some powerful tier deck imo. And eventually with some perseverance and luck you will end up with something that you built and know well.

Something else that might be useful to free players, TheSynergy JC commented on this question in the post on the Duel Generation Duelist Kingdoms United facebook fan page with this reply: "Harpies are all non premium, it's just the rank 7s and some rank 4s Xyz that you need to buy to make the deck consistent".

So there is another archtype to possibly keep an eye out for.
Smakx
Smakx
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RndUser Fri May 29, 2015 3:18 pm

I currently play only free cards too. I made a list of all cards in the game where you can see which cards are free and which are premium. You can also see there which cards you can get as campaign rewards.

I use a non-theme based beatdown deck with cards which can destroy or remove my opponents cards or lower their monsters' attack so I can overrun them:

Monsters (20):
3x Gene-Warped Warwolf
2x Berserk Gorilla
1x Slate Warrior
3x Botanical Lion
1x D.D. Assailant
1x Fencing Fire Ferret
2x Bull Blader
1x Shocktopus
3x Armored Bee
1x D.D. Warrior Lady
1x Neo-Spacian Grand Mole
1x Injection Fairy Lily

Spells (6):
3x Smashing Ground
1x Fissure
1x Hammer Shot
1x Seal of Orichalcos

Traps (14):
3x Sakuretsu Armor
3x Widespread Ruin
3x Trap Hole
3x Dust Tornado
1x Malevolent Catastrophe
1x Black Horn of Heaven

I also have a Burner Deck which I almost only use against some NPCs:

Monsters (16):
2x Solar Flare Dragon
3x Bowganian
3x Ebon Magician Curran
3x Des Koala
3x Stealth Bird
2x Shield Wing

Spells (14):
3x Level Limit - Area B
3x Messenger of Peace
3x Wave-Motion Cannon
3x Darkworld Shackles
2x Magic Reflector

Traps (10):
1x Gravity Bind
1x Ceasefire
2x Just Deserts
1x Nightmare Wheel
2x Ojama Trio
2x Secret Barrel
1x Curse of Royal

With these two decks I'm sure that I can beat all NPCs in the campaign and weeklys. I already beat all 80 NPCs with their first deck and many with their secondary decks.

RndUser

Back to top Go down

Post by StC-Djak Sat May 30, 2015 7:18 am

Thank you for these suggestions.

And that list is very useful too !
StC-Djak
StC-Djak

Back to top Go down

Post by Swarm Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:31 am

I play this game with all free cards. Here are my decks.  IGN: VileSwarm
                          What a Face                                       CURSE: VileSkorm

DINOSAUR-This is my best deck, I am currently going 10-2 online with this deck. farao

MONSTER
2x Babycerasaurus
3x Black Stego
3x Black Veloci
3x Gilasaurus
2x Miracle Jurassic Egg
2x Sauropod Brachion
3x Ultimate Tyranno
2x Tyranno Infinity

SPELLS
3x Jurassic World
2x Magical Mallet
1x Megamorph
2x Riryoku
3x Shard Of Greed
2x Soul Release
2x Tail Swipe

TRAPS
1x Return From The Different Dimension
2x Seismic Shockwave
3x Survival Instinct
1x Volcanic Eruption

EXTRA
3x Fairy King Albverdich
3x Grenosaurus
3x Number 32: Shark Drake
3x Number C32: Shark Drake Veiss
2x Soul Of Silvermountain

The Key to playing this deck is just to get as many Dino's out at once and just keep attacking, ONLINE some people don't even set cards so its good just to keep attacking and not stop attacking.

ERIA THE CHARMER-This is my deck for offline play and the deck I use mostly to farm cards. This deck has done me wonders!! farao

MONSTERS
3x Blizzard Falcon
1x Blizzard Princess
3x Blizzard Warrior
3x Eria The Water Charmer
3x Familiar-Possessed - Eria
3x Raging Eria
3x Tin Goldfish

SPELLS
2x Gravity Axe - Grarl
2x Night beam
3x Nobleman Of Extermination
2x Raregold Armor
3x Umiiruka

TRAPS
3x DNA Transplant
3x Karma Cut
3x Spiritual Water Art - Aoi

EXTRA
2x Bahamut Shark
3x Number 32: Shark Drake
3x Number C32: Shark Drake Veiss
3x Snowdust Giant
3x Submersible Carrier Aero Shark

This Deck is kinda like the DINOSAUR deck above, just Summon to the field cards like "Bahamut Shark" and use its effect to summon 2-3 "Submersible Carrier Aero Shark" and Beat your opponent to a pulp. affraid affraid affraid

Swarm

Back to top Go down

Duel Generation - Decks to build without premium - Suggestions ?  Empty Hey friend!

Post by Daniel5ds Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:28 pm

Thank you all Very Happy

Here you can see the list of all the cards playable in the game, you can see which of them are premium, exchanged for duel points and even those which are given by the NPCs.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Yu-Gi-Oh!_Duel_Generation_cards

Hope I could help anyway. Smile

Daniel5ds

Back to top Go down

Duel Generation - Decks to build without premium - Suggestions ?  Empty my beloved deck

Post by idan and friends Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:23 am

Thank you all Very Happy

i am playing yu gi oh duel generation for a looooong time and i want to share my free deck with you guys. i called it Prometheus, enjoy!

monster:

x1 battle fader
x1 dark jeroid
x2 dark necrofear
x1 dark nephthys
x2 dark resonator
x2 doomsday horror
x2 gaap the divine soldier
x3 giant germ
x1 giant orc
x2 interplanetarypurplythorny dragon
x1 lancer archfiend
x1 legendary fiend
x2 mad archfiend
x1 mist archfiend
x3 mystic tomato
x1 newdoria
x3 prometheus, king of the shadows
x3 stygian security
x2 trance archfiend
x1 wall of illusion

spell:

x2 creature swap
x1 smashing ground
x2 veil of the dark

trap:

x1 dark illusion
x2 escape from the dark dimension
x1 hidden soldiers
x1 liberty at last!

exra:

x1 armades, keeper of boundaries
x2 blood mefist
x1 dark highlander
x1 giganticastle
x1 scarred warrior
x1 star eater
x1 underworld fighter balmung
x1 void ogre dragon
x2 adreus, keeper of armageddon

tips:
-the deck is mainly based on sending dark monster cards to the graveyard and swapping them back and forth from the banished back to the graveyard to gain attack or to special summon monsters. so send as many as you can to the graveyard, than normal summon "prometheus" and see the magic happens.
-use "giant orc" and "mad archfiend" with "gaap the divine soldier" to stay in attack position. and don't forget to use Gaap's effect before the battle phase!
-use "lancer archfiend" with "prometheus" to penetrate a massive attack.
-after a successful use of "prometheus", "doomsday horror" is extremely useful as he gains attack from the dark monsters you banished and return all of them to the graveyard when destroyed by battle.
-use mist archfiend only as a synchro/xyz material.
-use "mystic tomato" to special summon "legendary fiend" if it's you'r opponent's last attack of the battle phase.
-use "trance archfiend" to discard only "stygian security" and "giant germ" if some cards with the same name are in the hand/graveyard/banished. also discard "legendary fiend".
-use "escape from the dark dimension" to special summon "dark nephthys" if there is a spell/trap card in your opponent's side of the field because when you do you can destroy one.

that's it!
feel free to tell me what you think of it

idan and friends

Back to top Go down

Post by Evil Panda Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:19 pm

Hey, guys - kinda new here, so be nice Smile

I've been playing the hell out of Duel Generation on my Xperia for the past couple of months, and I somehow lucked out recently and won a Vylon pack in one of their Facebook events. Fell in love with the archetype, too - this is my current setup:

Deck Name - Imaginarium

Monsters:

1x Vylon Pentachloro: For easy double kills.

2x Vylon Hapt: If I get lucky, I'll have Vylon Alpha out with Prism attached to it. Hapt lets me bring back Prism so I can call on Epsilon (or any of the other Synchros, depending on which Tuner is available) as well.

2x Blue Thunder T-45: Just killing something with this cool plane lets me summon an Option Token, either for extra firepower or to be used as a meatshield. It doesn't hurt either that the Tokens can be used as Synchro fodder (except for Omega, anyway).

1x Bright Star Dragon: This one lets me call on Epsilon (using Prism as the Tuner). Alternatively, if either Cube or Stella are on the field, I can normal summon this guy and use his effect to give Cube/Stella 2 extra levels. Then summon Alpha from there.

1x Shining Angel: Even if this guy gets killed, his effect allows me to summon another monster in his place. Usually I bring out Cube or Prism or Stella this way.

2x Tin Goldfish: Having both a Goldfish and Prism in my hand lets me summon both of them using Goldfish's effect, than bring out Vylon Epsilon (with effectively 3800 ATK thanks to Prism's effect) in one go. Or, if I've got at least one Sheep Token on the field as well, I can summon Alpha instead.

2x The Tricky: I usually summon this guy together with Prism (discard a Vylon equip card if possible) to bring out Vylon Alpha, then use Prism's effect for the power boost AND destruction immunity (no gay-ass Dark Hole or Torrential Tribute or Mirror Force or whatever). Slap on Vylon Segment and targeted monster effects/traps can't touch him either. Alternatively, I could summon this guy together with Cube or Stella to bring out Epsilon, plus a free equip card right off the bat.

3x Vylon Prism: I love Prism's effect - any monster with this guy attached gets a 1000 ATK boost. And since my most frequently used Synchros are Epsilon and Alpha...

1x Vylon Stigma: For passing them equip cards around as necessary.

2x Vylon Soldier: His effect can be useful every now and then. It doesn't hurt that using this guy as Synchro fodder lets me bring out Vylon Element, provided I haven't already done so.

2x Vylon Tesseract: Apart from this one's obvious use as Synchro fodder, the equip effect's pretty nice too. A monster that kills anything with this slapped on to it allows you to bring back one of your Vylons from the grave. And being able to survive destruction at least once with Tesseract equipped doesn't hurt either.

2x Vylon Tetra: A real lifesaver, I swear. Usually I dump him straight into the graveyard (for Omega's effect later on), or use him and Delta/Sigma to bring out Alpha (provided, of course, that I've already milked the Element loop for all it's worth).

2x Vylon Cube: So I can have free equips whenever I Synchro summon. If The Tricky is available, summon Epsilon; if not, either Sigma or Delta. The best case scenario would involve summoning Omega using both Cubes as the Tuners.

3x Vylon Stella: Stella's insta-kill effect as an equip card helps get rid of annoying things like Marshmallon.

Spells:

2x Double Cyclone: I can't get MST in Duel Generation without shelling out real money, so this'll have to do. In any case, having to destroy one of your own spells together with your enemy's isn't so bad when it's your Vylon equip card you're destroying.

2x Rod of Silence - For the Element loop, 'nuff said. There's two of these here in case of certain annoyances like Mystical Gay - err, Mystical Space Typhoon.

2x Vylon Matter: Recycles 3 equip cards while giving you either a free draw, or a silver bullet against anything on your enemy's side of the field.

2x Synchro Blast Wave: An intuitive choice for me considering how heavily this deck relies on Synchros. Being able to one-shot any monster off the field doesn't hurt at all.

2x Vylon Element: No explanation needed. That crap about missing the timing is annoying as hell, though.

2x Vylon Segment: For defense against certain annoying single target traps and monster effects. In particular, slap this on Vylon Alpha and your enemy won't have any choice but to kill him the old-fashioned way (which won't be easy if Alpha's got Prism attached as well).

2x Vylon Material: For a simple and straightforward 600 ATK boost.

2x Vylon Component: This one works best if the monster you're attacking has really low DEF, in which case you may as well be attacking directly.

2x Vylon Filament: Because I absolutely hate losing Sigma and Epsilon and Omega to cheap things like Mirror Force and such.

Traps (7):

1x A Rival Appears: Best used if there's a lvl 4 monster on the enemy's side, in which case I can call on one of my own.

1x Burst Rebirth: 2000 LP to revive any monster from the grave isn't so bad, especially when there's no strings attached otherwise.

1x Dust Tornado: Best used with Double Cyclone when there's at least 2 spells/traps on the enemy's side.

2x Miracle's Wake

2x Widespread Ruin

Extra Deck (15, from least relevant to most relevant):

2x Avenging Knight Parshath: Summoned the same way as Vylon Epsilon (below), this guy comes with an effect similar to Vylor Soldier's (and piercing attacks). Since I usually summon him with Prism, it means he usually gets +1000 ATK right off the bat. Not being able to use the Equip cards is a bit troublesome, though.

1x Vylon Delta: If for some reason I can't attack and there's no better option available, I call on this guy. Just leaving him in Defense mode means I get a free equip card every turn. If Element's already activated, all I need is Rod of Silence and any Vylon equip card to get the party started.

2x Vylon Sigma: If at all possible, I try to summon this guy using Cube so I get a free equip card right off the bat (usually Rod of Silence). Then attack and activate his effect to pull another equip card. Even better if Element's already out, otherwise wait until next turn to kickstart the loop.

3x Vylon Epsilon: I put 3 of this guy because he's my most frequently summoned Synchro. Given an equip card, a single Epsilon could wipe out at least 2 enemy monsters in a single turn.

2x Vylon Alpha: My second most frequently used Synchro. As said above, I usually summon this guy using The Tricky and Prism, then use Prism's effect for an instant 1000 ATK boost AND immunity to destruction by spells/traps. Slap on Segment as well and single-target monster effects and traps (things like Fiendish Chain) won't be able to touch him either. All in all, I like to think of Epsilon and Alpha as the Darth Vader/Starkiller tandem of my deck.

2x Vylon Omega: Continuing the Star Wars analogy, Omega would be Emperor Palpatine to Epsilon's Starkiller and Alpha's Darth Vader. To elaborate, Epsilon and Alpha see much more action during my duels compared to Omega, but if I bring this guy out, victory's usually within reach. I usually slap on Filament and Segment for added protection, while attaching Prism if possible for the power boost. His ability to negate monster effects is also pretty awesome (*cough*BattleFader*cough*).

1x Star Seraph Sentry: Effect negation, extra life.

2x Vylon Disigma: From my experience, this guy sees even less action during my duels than Omega does (and that's saying something). That said, being able to absorb an enemy monster to use as an equip card helps quite a bit, especially if the monster in question happens to be something particularly nasty (Yubel and all her forms come to mind here).

• • •

Weaknesses/Limitations

The usual stuff - Book of Moon is irritating, as are things like Forbidden Lance, Falling Down, Change of Heart (or whatever the usable equivalent is) and such. In Alpha's case in particular, even if he can't be touched by things like Dark Hole, Torrential Tribute or Mirror Force, he can still be destroyed by monster effects or bounced off the field (Metaion, Compulsory Evac, etc), especially if he gets caught without Segment.

And here's another one, built after I got hold of Guardian Dreadscythe..

Deck Name - Dark Passion

Monsters:

2x Arsenal Summoner: For bringing out Eatos and/or Dreadscythe more quickly. Also usable as Synchro fodder.

2x Blackwing - Kochi the Daybreak: Since Beelze (see below, under 'Extra Deck') requires a Dark-type Tuner..

1x Clock/Dark Resonator (1 each): Synchro fodder and meat shields - being able to survive one attack in Defense mode helps.

1x Dark Nephthys: Not too hard to summon, since I usually dump a lot of monsters into the grave (and most of them are Dark anyway), and it helps that he can destroy a spell/trap once special summoned. Alternatively, banish using Allure of Darkness then summon using Escape from the Dark Dimension.

2x Darkness Neosphere: This guy seemed a good choice considering this deck's loaded with Fiends. The 4000 ATK/DEF doesn't hurt either, nor does the inability to be destroyed in battle.

2x Grave Protector: Synchro fodder. The ability to send monsters killed in battle back into the deck instead of the grave also helps keep things clear for Eatos to be brought out.

2x Manju of the Ten Thousand Hands: Synchro fodder, bringing out Demise/Ruin and their ritual card.

2x Ritual Raven: makes summoning Demise that much easier.

1x Newdoria: Synchro fodder, monster effect.

1x Demise, King of Armageddon: that nuking effect.

1x Ruin, Queen of Oblivion

2x Guardian Eatos: she's easy to get out as long as there's no monsters in the grave (and even if there are, that's where Pot of Benevolence and/or Soul Release come in). Her effect isn't half bad, either. And even if she's destroyed, there's..

1x Guardian Dreadscythe: easily the boss monster of this deck. She can't be destroyed so long as I still have cards in my hand, and her scythe gives her an insane power boost. Slap her with Twin Swords or Fairy Meteor Crush, and, well..

Spells:

2x Seal of Orichalcos: apart from the obvious inspiration from the anime, +500 ATK/DEF really doesn't hurt. The downside, though, is that the Extra Deck gets cut off as soon as this goes online. If at all possible, I don't activate this until Beelze's on the field (or Eatos is on the field and I have Dreadscythe on hand).

2x Double Cyclone

2x Horn of the Unicorn: useful for abusing the effect of Guardian Eatos or Seven Swords Warrior.

2x Twin Swords of Flashing Light: as mentioned above, I usually save this for Dreadscythe, Eatos or Beelze. The 500 ATK penalty's a bit of a setback, but by the time I use this, the ATK drop usually doesn't matter due to the monster effects involved.

1x Allure of Darkness: card advantage. Can also be combined with Escape from the Dark Dimension.

1x Darkness Approaches: for abusing flip effects (Summoner and Manju come to mind)

2x Fairy Meteor Crush

2x End of the World

2x Pot of Benevolence: useful for returning cards (monsters especially) to the deck and thereby making Eatos easier to summon.

2x Soul Release: similar to Benevolence as mentioned. Alternatively, can be used on the opponent's grave to prevent monster effects from activating.

Traps:

1x Dimension Slice: a logical choice considering the many special summoned monsters in this deck. And since it banishes monsters instead of killing them, not even immunity to card effect destruction will help against it.

2x Escape from the Different Dimension

1x Ghost of a Grudge: for opponents who like filling up their grave.

1x Judgment of Anubis

1x Burst Rebirth

2x Miracle's Wake

2x Widespread Ruin

Extra Deck:

2x Underworld Fighter Balmung

1x Scarred Warrior

1x Celestial Wolf Lord Sirius

2x Blood Mefist

1x Seven Swords Warrior

2x Dark Highlander

1x Beelze of the Diabolic Dragons: can't be killed normally or destroyed by card effects, and can absorb effect damage (and battle damage if it attacks the wrong monster) for a power boost. As noted, I wait till I can summon this guy before activating Orichalcos, and for bonus points, his immunity also means Demise's nuking effect can't touch him.

1x Number 104 - Masquerade

2x Number 91 - Thunder Spark Dragon: for a weaker version of Demise's effect.

1x Vylon Disigma: for the handful of monsters that can't be destroyed (either by battle or card effect), and are too dangerous to leave alone. And, hell - I've grown attached to my Vylons, so I thought to have at least one of them here Smile

• • •

Weaknesses/Limitations

Book of Moon will still be irritating, as are things like Forbidden Lance, Falling Down, Change of Heart (or whatever the usable equivalent is) and such. Since I only have one copy of it, Reaper's Scythe getting destroyed also puts a hamper on Dreadscythe's offensive ability (though Benevolence helps here). Unless I already have at least Beelze and Eatos out (with Dreadscythe on hand), Dark Hole, Torrential Tribute or Mirror Force remain to be major pains in the ass. Also, while neither Beelze nor Dreadscythe can be destroyed by card effects, banishment is a different story, as are bouncing effects (Metaion, Compulsory Evac, etc).

Open to comments/suggestions Smile

Evil Panda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down